Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-07-02 Origin: Site
Flame retardants are functional additives that impart flame retardancy to flammable polymers, and are mainly designed for the flame retardancy of polymer materials. The flame retardant is applied to the acrylic sheet to produce the flame retardant acrylic sheet. In daily life, there are many flammable materials. If they are not handled properly, fires will occur, which will bring huge losses to the environment and our lives. Ordinary acrylic sheets are flammable items, and acrylic sheets are widely used. Therefore, we need flame retardant acrylic sheet to prevent fire.
Here is the list of the article:
What is flame retardant acrylic sheet?
What are the differences between flame retardant acrylic and ordinary acrylic?
How to maintain flame retardant acrylic sheet?
Flame retardant acrylic sheet refers to an acrylic sheet that will not burn or burn slowly when it encounters a flame, and will extinguish itself once it leaves the flame. It is an environmentally friendly material. It is widely used in industries such as buildings, aviation, subways, vehicles, advertising and decoration, elevators, electronic appliances and other industries that require high fire protection levels. Flame retardant acrylic sheet is only added with flame retardant on the basis of ordinary acrylic sheet, and its other physical and chemical properties have not changed. Therefore, flame-retardant acrylic sheet can also be used where ordinary acrylic sheet is applied.
1. Different flame retardant effects
Ordinary acrylic material itself is not flame-retardant. Flame retardant acrylic sheet, as the name implies, adds flame retardant to ordinary acrylic sheet to prevent rapid burning. Compared with ordinary acrylic material, flame retardant acrylic sheet has better flame retardant effect.
2. The burning speed is different
Acrylic flame retardant materials, compared with ordinary acrylic materials, will not burn so quickly to complete.
3. The extinguishing time is different
Acrylic is an important plastic polymer material developed earlier. It does not self-ignite but is a flammable product. It is easy to burn, with a limiting oxygen index of only 17.3, and does not have self-extinguishing properties. Acrylic flame retardant materials will quickly extinguish after burning, while ordinary acrylic materials will not self-extinguish, but will only burn out quickly.
1. Waxing. If you want the flame retardant acrylic sheet to be bright, you can use liquid polishing wax and wipe it evenly with a soft cloth.
2. Adhesion. If the flame retardant acrylic sheet is accidentally damaged, you can use an adhesive such as methylene chloride to stick it.
3. Cleaning. Acrylic products, if no special treatment or hardening agent is added, the flame retardant acrylic sheet itself is easy to wear and scratch. Therefore, the general dust treatment can be wiped with chicken feather blanket or rinsed with water, and then wiped with a soft cloth. If the surface is greasy, you can add water with a soft detergent and scrub it with a soft cloth.
4. Polishing. If the flame retardant acrylic sheet is scratched or the surface is not worn very seriously, you can try to use a polishing machine (or car waxing machine) to install a cloth wheel, dip a proper amount of liquid polishing wax, and evenly polish it to improve.
If you want to order flame retardant acrylic sheet, you can call us and we will try our best to meet your requirements.